Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The Blue Poet (2020)


In 1993 (shortly before her cancer diagnosis became public) I spoke to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in a dream. I explained to her that I was the same age as her daughter Caroline and that the trauma of my father’s alcoholism and her husband’s death had become fused in my psyche. Based on that dream, I wrote a short story called “The Blue Poet” covering the period between the Kennedy inaugural and the assassination and funeral of JFK. In that story, I created my protagonist, Jesse Sandstrom. In 2003 (while living in Paris, France), I continued the story as a screenplay, taking Jesse Sandstrom (a troubled musician and artist) into the nineteen seventies and through adolescence. I have now taken that story, his life, all the way up to 2020.
 –Will James









No comments:

Post a Comment