Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Cat, Charles Baudelaire (Translated by Will James)

Come, my beauty, into the chambers of my heart;
Holster the talons of your paws
And permit me to plunge into the glittering
And silver linings of your eyes.

Let my fingers caress you from the top
Of your head to the arch of your back;
And when my hand tingles
From the static shock of your fur,

I shall see the ghost of my mistress
Her gaze (like yours, my pet) is cold and deep, 
Like a dagger that cuts and cleaves;

And from the fount of her dark body,
From her head to her feet,
A fragrance floats, a dangerous nectar.





Le Chat

Viens, mon beau chat, sur mon coeur amoureux;
Retiens les griffes de ta patte,
Et laisse-moi plonger dans tes beaux yeux,
Mêlés de métal et d'agate.


Lorsque mes doigts caressent à loisir
Ta tête et ton dos élastique,
Et que ma main s'enivre du plaisir
De palper ton corps électrique,


Je vois ma femme en esprit. Son regard,
Comme le tien, aimable bête
Profond et froid, coupe et fend comme un dard,


Et, des pieds jusques à la tête,
Un air subtil, un dangereux parfum
Nagent autour de son corps brun.


— Charles Baudelaire

No comments:

Post a Comment